Virtual Forge certifies third-party ABAP Add-on providers
The certification program includes an assessment of the ABAP code based on the BIZEC APP/11 standard. BIZEC is a consortium of leading SAP security experts, SAP customers and auditors that establishes an independent security standard for SAP systems. Among others, the BIZEC APP/11 includes ABAP programming best practices from the SAP community (DSAG).
QuantityWare GmbH (Add-On: QuantityWare Bulk Calculations Solution 1.0B) is among the first certified participants. Kern AG and Xiting AG has gone through the certification process as well.
The certification program consists of two consecutive code checks for ABAP Add-ons. After the first scan of the Add-On code, the vendor receives an initial report that shows critical security issues that must be mitigated.
After a correction phase, we deliver a final report, and a certificate for BIZEC APP/11 compliance. Vendors can document exemptions for certain issues showing that risks are mitigated elsewhere, e.g. by certain configuration settings or by calling SAP standard APIs, that contain mitigation functionality.
View all previously issued certificates
Your benefits: establish trust by security and compliance to standards
- The certification process helps to reduce business risks for customers.
- Standardization increases the overall performance of ABAP Add-ons.
- Following standards reduces costs for development, maintenance and support.
- Having CodeProfiler certified Add-ons, vendors establish trust with their customers who now know that their purchased software meets the highest standards of security and compliance.
- A certificate is a unique selling point in the sales cycle - Add-on providers can proactively present the results of the analysis to give their potential customers complete peace of mind.